Saturday, December 14, 2013

Família Nova

Nueva Familia
New Family

Well I know you saw some in the last post but I figured I'd give you a look around my new house and some of my new host family.  I've also included some pictures of the views we have from our windows, this is quite a change because in my last house, the only view was a white wall on the other side of the street.

My host sister, Fátima cooking

She was not too keen on having her picture taken


Our "Christmas Tree"

Views from our balcony (the following images also)





Living room/dinning room

hallway



My room, I figured it would be a little too artificial to change it any for the photos


View from my window, this is the fútbol (soccer) court of my school, more pictures to come of school


My street

The university that we can see from our house

More views! You're probably tiring of them by now


The table ready to eat.  My host sister Fátima, the one that lives with me, and the older one who visits on weekends, María José, who is proudly showing off the Spanish wine

Thanks for reading!
Pax & Bonum,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. Great to see more of the countryside. Keep it coming. Wow you are really close to school. FYI ~ All sisters look like that when you take a candid photo. I think your English may be slipping a bit. In 'Merica we call them stairs. ;)
    Later Bud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're enjoying yourself! I agree with Dean, you're English may be slipping a little bit ;) I recommend you pick up The Lord of the Rings ASAP, that way when you start speaking English again you'll sound as though you're from Middle Earth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful! I read a story of a guy from Scotland in the 19th century who learned all of his English from a copy of the King James Bible and talked to everyone like that.

    ReplyDelete